Seniors: Class of 2022
Senior year is a major milestone for our Patriot families and, for many, an opportunity to make one more year’s worth of lasting memories with their friends and teachers at Stevenson. Find out more about your senior yearbook photos and portrait options, cap and gown order details, graduation, and other events/celebrations in the tabs below.
- Commencement Ceremony
- Ceremony Rehearsal
- Caps and Gowns
- Senior Class Party
- Senior Portraits & Yearbook Photos
Class of 2022 Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 27, 2022
NOW Arena - Hoffman Estates, IL
Tickets: Tickets will be distributed to the graduates at rehearsal the morning of May 27th. Each participating graduate will receive eight tickets.
Seating assignments: General admission seating. View the graduation floor map.
Directions: The NOW Arena is located in the Prairie Stone Business Park, 5333 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192, immediately north of the Northwest Tollway and west of Illinois Route 59.
From the East: Take I-90 West (Northwest Tollway) to the New Sutton Road (Route 59) exit and go straight. The building will be on your right.
From the West: Take I-90 (Northwest Tollway) to the New Sutton Road (Route 59) exit. Turn left onto New Sutton Road and go north to the next traffic light. At the light, make a left turn into Hoffman Boulevard. The building will be on your right.
- Parking and arrivals: Parking is FREE. Doors open at 3:30 p.m. Graduates should not arrive later than 4 p.m. See map below for entrance locations. Students will walk through metal detectors -- please have gowns unzipped to expedite the screening process.
- Graduate attire: Only school provided regalia will be allowed at the ceremony. If masks are worn, only solid color masks will be permitted. Students are expected to dress in a manner appropriate to the occasion. Shorts, jeans, or purses will not be allowed into the arena. All students should wear dress shoes. Tennis shoes and flip-flops will not be allowed.
- Accessibility for guests with disabilities: Accessible seating will be available. Each guest with a disability will be allowed an accompanying guest.
- Photos and diplomas: Photos will be available to purchase two weeks after the ceremony. Diplomas will be sent home after Graduation.
- Live stream: https://www.youtube.com/stevensonhs
- Commencement photos: Photos will be taken by VIP and posted for purchase on their website (www.vipis.com) approximately two weeks after the ceremony.
- Diplomas: All diplomas will be mailed home after the commencement ceremony. Any fines must be paid prior to the diploma being mailed.
New as of Thursday, May 19, 2022:
- Safety: NOW Arena has also implemented a “clear bag policy,” which limits the size of bags entering the arena and requires the majority of bags to be clear to streamline the security screening process and avoid unnecessary wait times to enter the venue. Exceptions will be made for medical, family, or childcare bags or small clutches no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”. No outside food or beverages are allowed with the exception of water and snacks for young children and babies.
Commencement Ceremony Rehearsal
Friday, May 27, 2022
8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Stevenson High School | Field House
- Mandatory for graduating seniors only.
- Continental breakfast will be provided from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m.
- After rehearsal, students are to report back to their counselor to receive and sign out for graduation ceremony tickets.
Friday, April 29, 2022
7:30 - 8:25 a.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Student Activities Office
Jostens 2021-22 Schedule for Stevenson
Seniors may order their graduation memorabilia as well as caps and gowns for the 2022 Commencement Ceremony online or in person on the following dates.
- In-person on Friday, Oct. 15, only in the Upper West Patriot Lobby
- Online through Saturday, Nov. 20
All orders must be submitted online through the Jostens website by Saturday, Nov. 20. Please click the links below to view the Jostens Stevenson page for:
- Senior announcements and other memorabilia
- Senior cap and gown packages
- Yearbook orders (online purchases available beginning Nov. 1)
- Class jewelry
To learn more about the ordering process, click here.
Senior Class Party
Thursday, May 26, 2022
2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Behind Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills (Rt. 60 and Milwaukee Ave)
- $50 Early Bird Price (until 5/13)
- $55 Regular Price (after 5/13)
*Students must show their SHS ID to enter. They can arrive any time, but once they leave there is NO re-entry. Students will provide their own transportation.
Stevenson High School Class of 2022 Senior Portrait & Yearbook Information
Visual Image Photography (VIP) is the official photographer of Stevenson High School and is honored to be a part of your senior experience! In order to appear in the yearbook, all seniors must have their photo taken by VIP. Photographs submitted from other studios will NOT be accepted into the yearbook.
Yearbook Photo Selection Deadline
Your yearbook photo selection must be submitted to VIP by October 31, 2021 in order to appear in your school’s yearbook. If you do not select an image, one will be selected for you by VIP. This date is set by your school and cannot be extended. If you do not have a yearbook image taken by VIP, you will not appear in the yearbook.
Stevenson High School Studio Sessions
SENIOR PORTRAITS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: Please make an appointment online at https://www.vipis.com.
Premier: $35 session fee. Add Cap and gown to your session for $10.
This session is taken indoors only and is for one outfit. The premier session includes the yearbook photos and up to three different backgrounds with different poses (from full length to close ups). You will receive 30-40 proofs to view and order from online within one week of your appointment. Your session fee is to pay for your photographer’s time and does not include any prints or packages.
Premier Plus: $70 session fee. Add Cap and gown to your session for $10.
This session is taken indoors and/or outdoors (weather permitting). This session is for one to two outfit(s). The premier plus session also includes the yearbook photos and up to four different backgrounds with different poses (from full length to close ups). You will receive 50-60 proofs to view and order from online within one week of your appointment. Your session fee is to pay for your photographer’s time and does not include any prints or packages.
Paramount: $100 session fee. Add Cap and gown to your session for $10.
This session is taken outdoors at VIP specified locations only. This session is for one to two outfit(s). The Paramount session DOES NOT INCLUDE THE YEARBOOK PHOTOS (You will need to be sure you take your yearbook image on your school picture day). You will receive 80-100 proofs to view and order from online within one week of your appointment. Your session fee is to pay for your photographer’s time and does not include any prints or packages.
Stevenson High School Yearbook Only Dates
If you do not plan on doing a premier session for senior portraits, please make sure to dress for your senior yearbook photo during your school picture day, this will be your used for your senior yearbook photo if you do not do a premier session at our Wheeling Studio. You will not need an appointment for a yearbook photo at your school picture date(s) listed below. During the yearbook only session, seniors will have six to eight proofs to choose from for your yearbook selection. You will receive an email within two weeks of your picture day to view your proofs and to place an order.
- Yearbook Only Photo Date: August 5
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Location in School: Testing Center: #1200-#1202
Stevenson High School Yearbook Retake Day Information
- Yearbook Only Retake Day: October 21 & 22
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Location in School: Recital Hall (Rm #4100)