Life Balance Tips
Watch the Peer Helpers Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Forum from Nov. 13, 2019
Life Balance Tips From Your Social Workers
- Talk to someone! If something is upsetting you, open up about it, rather than keeping it bottled in. Our social workers or other members of our SST's are here to listen. You can find members of your SST in rooms 2412, 2414, and 6064.
- Make an effort this week to spend time with the people you love (pets count, too!).
- It’s OK to take a break sometimes! Listen to music, watch a show you love, anything! Take some time for yourself this week.
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep! The National Sleep Foundation recommends that teenagers get 8-10 hours of sleep per night. (Statistics show that only about 15% of teenagers actually get this!)
- Let’s get those endorphins going! Make an effort to exercise several days this week, whether it’s intense cardio or even just taking a walk outside to enjoy nature!
- Do more of what makes you happy! This week, make a goal for yourself to take a little time each day doing something that you love.
- Eat healthy! What you put into your body impacts what you get out of it!
- Do you love technology? Check out some of these great apps that can help with self care: Breathe2Relax; Guided Mind; Goals Free (and there are plenty more where these came from! Look into the hundreds of great apps that exist to help with self care!)
- Surround yourself with positive people that bring you up… (instead of people that bring you down!)
- Are you incredibly busy preparing for finals already? Get organized by making a “to do” list or simply make a plan to organize your time… (being sure to include some down time for relaxation or self care!)
- Laugh! It’s OK to not take ourselves serious sometimes. Watch a funny movie, read a funny book, have fun and enjoy life! Have a great last week of school and a relaxing summer break!