Spanish Honor Society
The Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (SHH) is an honor society for high school students enrolled in Spanish to recognize high school achievement in the course.
In the spirit of our mission, each year the SHH contributes more than $150,000 in awards to student members of the SHH. The most prestigious of the awards are college scholarships given to 60 high school senior SHH members and the Student Travel Awards given to 24 high school junior SHH members.
Attend the monthly general meetings (a.m. and p.m. options).
Obtain five general community service hours and five Spanish-related service hours each semester.
- Maintain the B+ average in their senior year Spanish class.
- Attend at least one Spanish Club meeting each semester.
In order to be eligible students must:
- Hold a cumulative B+ average in their Spanish classes at Stevenson.
- Have completed three service experiences in the previous school year.
- Be enrolled in Spanish all four years (including senior year) or be in the highest level of Spanish possible by junior year of high school.
- Complete an online application.
Students who meet all the requirements will receive an invitation letter with the link to an online application. Contact the sponsor for more information and to learn about meeting times/location, or visit Student Activities with questions.