Hebrew National Honor Society - HNHS
The Hebrew National Honor Society (HNHS) recognizes distinguished high school Hebrew students and allows them to extend their love and support of the Hebrew language and culture outside of the classroom. These students are recognized for their commitment to the program and their dedication to learning the language, its history and culture. HNHS provides students with unique opportunities and recognizes students who demonstrate excellence in community engagement, scholarship, service, leadership and character.
To continue to be part of the Hebrew language community in Stevenson, members must attend the events and the programs that the HNHS hosts and promotes.
- Two years of Hebrew at SHS and a commitment to study Hebrew for at least three academic years
- Maintain a B+ average in Hebrew class
- Attend two HNHS meetings per month
- Be a part of a committee and take an active role
- Minimum of ten service hours in SHS Hebrew program
- Minimum of ten community service house related to HNHS mission and vision
- Attend and actively participate in four or more Club Israel meetings/events
- Participate in Hebrew Peer Tutoring (if eligible: at least one session weekly)
Students may apply upon completion of their first year of Hebrew language at SHS, assuming they meet all of the requirements mentioned on the front of this card. Students must complete an online application and attend one of the HNHS meetings in April. Selected members will be invited to the HNHS Induction Ceremony in May.
Contact the sponsor for more information and to learn about meeting times/location, or visit Student Activities with questions.
Unlimited for those who meet the requirements.