German Club and German Honor Society
German Club is an environment created for students who have an interest in learning about the German culture and language. Members of the club are responsible for trips, events and activities for the German program. Fun activities we are involved in are: World’s Fair, German Parents Portfolio Nights, movie night, interacting with German exchange students, German-American day and much more.
Expected attendance at general meetings as well as big events, including World’s Fair and German Parents Portfolio Nights.
Contact the sponsor for more information and to learn about meeting times/location, or visit Student Activities with questions.
German Honor Society
The National German Honor Society, Delta Phi Alpha, seeks to recognize excellence in the study of German and to provide an incentive for higher scholarship. The Society aims to promote the study of the German language, literature, civilization and endeavors which emphasize those aspects of German life and culture which are of universal value and which contribute to humanity’s eternal search for peace and truth.
- Attend the monthly general meetings
- Support/attend German Parents Portfolio nights
- Maintain a B+ average in senior year German class.
- Attend at least three German Club meetings each semester.
In order to be eligible, students must:
- Hold a cumulative B+ average in German classes at Stevenson
- Have completed 20 general service hours in the previous school year (World’s Fair and German Parents Portfolio nights)
- Be enrolled in German three/four years (including senior year) or be in the highest level of German possible by junior year of high school
- Complete an online application
Students who meet all the requirements will receive an invitation letter with the link to an online application.
Limited to those who qualify