Annual Residency Verification
Contact our Student Services team with any questions you have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Stevenson High School community continues to grow, it is important to ensure that taxpayer resources are used as effectively as possible to support the education of students who live within our district. To that end, each SHS family is required to share documentation on an annual basis indicating that they reside within the District 125 attendance boundaries.
Due to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, SHS will be using an online process for residency verification for the 2020-21 school year. Each SHS family will need to upload residency documents online through their Infinite Campus portal. A parent/guardian login must be used for Infinite Campus; a student login will not work.
Here are detailed instructions outlining the process for uploading residency documents using Infinite Campus. Once residency documents have been uploaded and verified, families will be able to complete the online registration and fee payment process. More detailed information about the residency verification process is listed below.
** FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT RESIDENCY **
Which documents are required to show residency in the district?
A total of three documents are required. Documents issued on a monthly basis must be from April 2020 or later. SHS is not able to accept documents with a PO Box address or send any correspondence to a PO Box.
Families must upload ONE of the following:
- Complete, current, and valid lease agreement — including the name and phone number of your landlord. Please note: If your lease expires prior to the first day of school (8-13-20), please provide an updated lease agreement to email@example.com after you have renewed.
- Real estate tax bill — must be actual tax bill, not property tax assessment. For online copies of your current tax bill , see the Lake County IL Property Tax Information website. From there you can follow these steps to save a PDF file for uploading to our Infinite Campus System:
Basic Search > Enter your address information > Highlight your name > Enter > (On the right hand side) Reports > Click on tax bill > Go > Download to pdf > Save
- Monthly mortgage statement
Families must upload TWO of the following:
- Utility bill statement (payment coupon attached) — Please provide the entire first page of the bill including the coupon portion at the bottom of the bill. Utilities accepted include gas, electric, water, waste management, or cable bills. Please note that we are not able to accept cell phone bills. Two bills may be uploaded for this category provided they are for different utilities. If you participate in online billing, please access the statement in your account and upload a PDF of the bill.
- Vehicle registration — Only one vehicle registration may be uploaded per family. This must be for the current school year.
Here is information on converting these documents into PDFs without a scanner:
Scan document and save to PDF on IOS devices:
Scan document and save to PDF on Android devices:
How do I submit residency documentation to SHS?
Families must upload residency documents using their Infinite Campus portal. Documents will then be reviewed and verified by members of the Student Services Division and families will be contacted should there be any follow-up needed.
May I submit my residency documents via email?
We are not able to accept residency documents via email. All documents must be uploaded through the Infinite Campus portal.
What if my family does not have an Infinite Campus portal?
If a family has not yet established an Infinite Campus portal, this process must be completed prior to uploading residency documents. Click here for instructions on creating an Infinite Campus portal.
Do I have to prove residency for each of my children?
Each SHS family must show residency in the district every school year. Families with more than one child attending SHS only need to submit one set of residency documents each year during our annual residency verification.
Who should I contact with questions?
Please contact our Student Services team with any questions/concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.