The activities in the art classes are designed to develop skills of perception, problem solving, understanding, and sensitivity through a variety of experiences. The aim of the art curriculum is to give the students an understanding and appreciation for the endless and constant results of artistic efforts which surround us in our daily lives. The unique character of the art curriculum provides students with an opportunity to express and nurture their creative instincts.
The Visual Arts Department has labs with well-equipped spaces dedicated to photography, ceramics and sculpture, jewelry and metalwork, computer art and drawing.
Visual Arts Faculty
- Maureen Connolly (email@example.com) 847-415-4757
- Patrick Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) 847-415-4763
- Katie Hyken (email@example.com) 847-415-4755
- Tim Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) 847-415-4772
- Cristal Sabbagh (email@example.com) 847-415-4776
Co-Curricular Visual Arts Clubs
Art Department Office Hours
|Ms. Connolly||Photo Room 6034||Tuesday mornings, 7:45-8:15 a.m.|
|Ms. Hyken||Art Room 6016||Tuesday mornings, 7:45-8:15 a.m.|
|Mr. Myers||Photo Room 6034||Thursday mornings, 7:45-8:15 a.m.|
|Mr. Fairchild||Art Room 6016||Thursday mornings, 7:45-8:15 a.m.|
|Ms. Sabbagh||Art Room 1426||Thursday mornings, 7:45-8:15 a.m.|
- 8th Period everyday Ms. Hyken has an Art Lab open to any art student in Room 6016.
- Ms. Sabbagh has open labs after school in Room 1422 for 3D students on Tuesdays, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Mr. Myers has open labs after school in Room 6034 for Photo students on Thursdays, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Ms. Connolly will have open labs on Tuesday after school for Photo students starting Nov. 8 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Art Club meets every Tuesday after school in Room 1426, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
*For all open art labs after school, please let your instructor know ahead of time if you plan on attending.