The activities in the art classes are designed to develop skills of perception, problem solving, understanding, and sensitivity through a variety of experiences. The aim of the art curriculum is to give the students an understanding and appreciation for the endless and constant results of artistic efforts which surround us in our daily lives. The unique character of the art curriculum provides students with an opportunity to express and nurture their creative instincts.
The Visual Arts Department has labs with well-equipped spaces dedicated to photography, ceramics and sculpture, jewelry and metalwork, computer art and drawing.
Visual Arts Faculty
- Maureen Connolly (email@example.com)
- Patrick Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Katie Hyken (email@example.com)
- Tim Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cristal Sabbagh (email@example.com)
- Maria Yung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Art Department Office Hours
Ms. Connolly (LeVanti): Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Art Room 6016 *
Mr. Fairchild: Thursdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Art Room 6016 *
Ms. Hyken: Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Art Room 1426
Mr. Myers: Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Photo Room 6034
Ms. Sabbagh: Thursdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Art Room 1422 *
* if Tuesday is a late arrival day, then we will meet Friday
- Ms. Sabbagh has open labs after school in Room 1422 for 3D and 2D students on Tuesdays, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Mr. Myers has open labs after school in Room 6034 for Photo students on Thursdays, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Ms. Connolly will have open labs after school for Photo students once the cross country season has ended, 3:30-5 p.m. Please see her for details.
- Art Club (Mr. Fairchild) meets every Tuesday after school in Room 1426, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Poster Design Club meets every Wednesday after school in Room 6016, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
For all open art labs after school, please let your instructor know ahead of time if you plan on attending.
Co-Curricular Visual Arts Clubs
- Art Club
- Photography Studio