First-semester exams will take place Tuesday through Thursday, May 19-21, 2020. Here is the exam schedule:
Tuesday, May 19
8:30-10:00 - Period 1 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 2 Exam
11:50-1:20 - Period 4 Exam
1:35 - Bus Pick-Up
Wednesday, May 20
8:30-10:00 - Period 3 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 7 Exam
11:50-1:20 - Period 5 Exam
1:35 - Bus Pick-Up
Thursday, May 21
8:30-10:00 - Period 8 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 6 Exam
11:55 - Bus Pick-Up
11:50-1:20 - Make-Up Exam
1:35 - Late Bus Pick-Up
EXAM WEEK NOTES
All school rules are in effect on exam days.
All passing periods are 10 minutes during exams; there will be no “traveler’s bell.” Students may not be in the academic hallways during exam periods without a signed pass from a teacher.
Students may reschedule exams if they have three in one day. To reschedule, a parent must call or email the teacher of the course for approval. The rescheduled exam must be completed within the three-day exam period.
Students seeking to take an exam prior to or after the three-day exam period must contact their counselor.
Testing Center Hours
Exam days: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Buses will bring students home after the last exam on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 19-20, and after the second and third exam periods on Thursday, May 21.
• Monday, May 18: Normal food service
• Tuesday and Wednesday, May 19-20: Food service until 1 p.m.
• Thursday, May 21: Breakfast will be served until 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, May 19: Open until 4 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 20: Open until 3 p.m.
• Thursday, May 21: Open until 1 p.m.
Driving/Parking On Campus
Students may not drive or park on campus during school hours on final exam days unless they have a valid parking permit for the proper marking period. Parking for the sixth marking period ends Monday, May 18. Final exams are part of the marking period, so Semester 2 and Sixth Marking Period parking stickers are current. Juniors and seniors who do not have parking can purchase one-day parking passes for the Port Clinton Road lot at least a day in advance in Room 2400 for one final exam day. Sophomores are not allowed to park on campus, even during finals.
Athletic and Activity Buses
• Activity Bus: 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 19-20
• Athletic Bus: 4 p.m. Thursday, May 21
Cell Phone Usage
All cell phone rules are in effect during final exams. Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and out of sight in classrooms, in academic hallways during exam periods, and in all other areas of the school previously identified to students during orientation. Please contact a dean if you have questions about cell phone usage.
• Tuesday, May 19: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. (ELC)
• Wednesday, May 20: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. (ELC)
• Thursday, May 21: 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (ELC)
Supervised open gym will be available in the Sports Center, Weight Room and Cardio Fitness Center during exam periods only.