First-semester exams will take place Wednesday through Friday, Dec. 18-20, 2019. Here is the exam schedule:
Wednesday, Dec. 18
8:30-10:00 - Period 1 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 2 Exam
11:50-1:20 - Period 4 Exam
1:35 - Bus Pick-Up
Thursday, Dec. 19
8:30-10:00 - Period 3 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 7 Exam
11:50-1:20 - Period 5 Exam
1:35 - Bus Pick-Up
Friday, Dec. 20
8:30-10:00 - Period 8 Exam
10:10-11:40 - Period 6 Exam
11:55 - Bus Pick-Up
11:50-1:20 - Make-Up Exam
1:35 - Late Bus Pick-Up
EXAM WEEK NOTES
All school rules are in effect on exam days.
All passing periods are 10 minutes during exams; there will be no “traveler’s bell.” Students may not be in the academic hallways during exam periods without a signed pass from a teacher.
Students may reschedule exams if they have three in one day. To reschedule, a parent must call or email the teacher of the course for approval. The rescheduled exam must be completed within the three-day exam period.
Students seeking to take an exam prior to or after the three-day exam period must contact their counselor.
Testing Center Hours
Exam days: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Winter Break Hours:
• Thursday, Jan. 2: 8 a.m. to noon
• Friday, Jan. 3: Noon to 4 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 6 (Institute Day): 7-11 a.m.
Buses will bring students home after the last exam on Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 18-19, and after the second and third exam periods on Friday, Dec. 20.
• Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17: Normal food service
• Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 18-19: Food service until 1 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 20: Breakfast will be served until 11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 18: Open until 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 19: Open until 3 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 20: Open until 1 p.m.
Driving/Parking On Campus
Students may not drive or park on campus during school hours on final exam days unless they have a valid parking permit for the proper marking period. Parking for the third marking period ends Friday, Dec. 20. Final exams are part of the marking period, so Semester 1 and Third Marking Period parking stickers are current. Juniors and seniors who do not have parking can purchase one-day parking passes for the Port Clinton Road lot at least a day in advance in Room 2400 for one final exam day. Sophomores are not allowed to park on campus, even during finals.
Athletic and Activity Buses
• Activity Bus: 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 18-19
• Athletic Bus: 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20
Cell Phone Usage
All cell phone rules are in effect during final exams. Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and out of sight in classrooms, in academic hallways during exam periods, and in all other areas of the school previously identified to students during orientation. Please contact a dean if you have questions about cell phone usage.
• Wednesday, Dec. 18: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. (ELC)
• Thursday, Dec. 19: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. (ELC)
• Friday, Dec. 20: 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (ILC/QLC) / 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (ELC)
Supervised open gym will be available in the Sports Center, Weight Room and Cardio Fitness Center during exam periods only.
First Day of Second Semester
Students will report directly to their first-hour class at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7.