Students have the opportunity to complete advanced placement courses in most subject areas. The content of these college-level courses is determined by the College Board. Students who score well on these exams may be awarded college credit in most of the nation’s colleges and universities.
2022-23 Advanced Placement Exam Registration
- First-Semester and Full-Year AP Courses - Minimum payment due by November 8, 2022
- Second-Semester only AP Courses - Full payment due by March 8, 2023
- ALL AP EXAMS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY MARCH 8, 2023
Please read the following information carefully to avoid paying extra fees.
***NO EXAMS WILL BE ORDERED WITHOUT A $40 MINIMUM PAYMENT IN TOTAL REGISTRATION SYSTEM FOR EACH EXAM.
CHECK YOUR COLLEGE BOARD ACCOUNT
All students will need to log into their College Board account and join the class with the join code given to them by their teacher. When done properly, you will see "Registered for Exam" when you log in. However, this does not mean that registration is complete. Students must log in to a different system to pay for their exams. No exams will be ordered if payment is not received.
PAY FOR YOUR EXAMS IN A SEPARATE SYSTEM CALLED "TOTAL REGISTRATION"
Full payment for all AP exams is due on March 8, 2023. If exam(s) are not paid in full by this date, with a $0.00 balance, the exam will be cancelled.
Exams are $100 each. To have an exam ordered, students must log in to Total Registration and make at least the minimum $40 payment for all full-year and first-semester course exams before November 8th. (Students enrolled with a second-semester-only AP class do not have to make a payment until March 8, 2023.)
If students choose to make the minimum payment of $40 per exam, they will have until March 8, 2023, to make the complete payment and bring the balance to $0.00. There is an additional processing fee of $2.75 each time a payment is made until the balance is paid in full.
Students only have to pay for the exams they want to take.
LATE FEES AFTER NOVEMBER 8, 2022 FOR FIRST-SEMESTER AND FULL-YEAR COURSES
If the minimum payment is not made on or before November 8th, for full-year of first-semester course exams, students will be charged an additional $40 pass-through late fee per exam, from the College Board.
- For full-year or first-semester AP exams: cancellations submitted after November 8 will be charged a $40 pass-through cancellation fee from the College Board.
- For second-semester only AP exams: cancellations submitted after March 8 will be charged a $40 pass-through cancellation fee from the College Board.
NOT SURE IF YOU PAID? LOG INTO TOTAL REGISTRATION TO CHECK
If a student is not sure they have completed the payment, they should log into Total Registration to check. Students will see the amount of money they have paid on the right of the screen. Exams are considered paid in full when the balance due is $0.00.
NOT TAKING THE AP EXAM?
If a student is not interested in taking the AP exam, that is OK! No payment should be submitted in Total Registration. Exams will only be ordered for students who have made the minimum payment by November 8 (for full-year or first-semester only AP exams) and who pay in full by March 8, 2023. Students who do not pay will see a change in their College Board account after November 8th to indicate they are not registered for the exam and will be subject to $40.00 late fees after November 8 if they decide to take the exam later.
CAN I STILL REGISTER AFTER NOVEMBER 8, 2022?
Yes, registration continues until March 8, 2023, following the steps above. Please see above for late registration fees of full-year and first-semester courses.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
AP Course Offerings
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Music Theory
- AP Art History
- AP 2-D Art and Design
- AP 3-D Art and Design
- AP Drawing Art and Design
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics C
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP Human Geography
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- AP U.S. History
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Government - United States
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Psychology
- AP French Language
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Latin Vergil
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
AP Exam Schedule
AP Exam Schedule
College Board’s 2023 AP Exam schedule offers in-school exams across two pre-determined windows.
View the 2023 AP Exam Schedule
*Please note - The 2023 AP Exams will be administered in schools as paper-and-pencil exams over two weeks in May: May 1–5 and May 8–12. As usual, AP Chinese and AP Japanese Exams are administered in school on computers.
Administration 1: May 1-5
Monday, May 1
- United States Government and Politics (8:00 a.m.)
- Chemistry (12:00 p.m.)
- Spanish Literature and Culture (12:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 2
- Chinese Language and Culture (8:00 a.m.)
- Environmental Science (8:00 a.m.)
- Psychology (12:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 3
- English Literature and Composition (8:00 a.m.)
- Comparative Government and Politics (12:00 p.m.)
- Computer Science A (12:00 p.m.)
Thursday, May 4
- Human Geography (8:00 a.m.)
- Macroeconomics (8:00 a.m.)
- Statistics (12:00 p.m.)
Friday, May 5
- European History (8:00 a.m.)
- United States History (8:00 a.m.)
- Art History (12:00 p.m.)
- Microeconomics (12:00 p.m.)
Art and Design: Friday, May 5, 2023 (7 p.m. CST), is the deadline for AP Art and Design digital portfolios to be submitted to the AP Program. May 5 is also the last day to gather 2-D Art and Design and Drawing students to assemble physical portfolios.
Administration 2 : May 8-12
Monday, May 8
Calculus AB (8:00 a.m.)
- Calculus BC (8:00 a.m.)
- Computer Science Principles (12:00 p.m.)
- Italian Language and Culture (12:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 9
- English Language and Composition (8:00 a.m.)
- Japanese Language and Culture (8:00 a.m.)
- Physics C: Mechanics (12:00 p.m.)
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism (2:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 10
- Spanish Language and Culture (8:00 a.m.)
- Biology (12:00 p.m.)
Thursday, May 11
- French Language and Culture (8:00 a.m.)
- World History: Modern (8:00 a.m.)
- Physics 1: Algebra Based (12:00 p.m.)
Friday, May 12
- German Language and Culture (8:00 a.m.)
- Music Theory (8:00 a.m.)
- Latin (12:00 p.m.)
- Physics 2: Algebra Based (12:00 p.m.)