Important Changes for 2020 AP Exams
Due to changes by The College Board, AP exam registration must be completed by the following dates to avoid late fees:
- Full-year and first semester courses: Oct. 21, 2019
- Second semester-only courses: March 3, 2020
Note: Even if students are not taking the AP exam in May, they must take action as stated below.
Registration is now a 2-step process. Both steps are required to take an AP exam.
Students “join” their AP courses in their College Board account (https://myap.collegeboard.org). After joining each AP course, students indicate whether they are taking the exam for each AP class.
Pay for exams online in Total Registration (https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/143550).
Students who are not taking the AP exam in May must still take action by “joining” their AP courses and indicating in their College Board account that they are not taking the exam.
Families may pay for exams in full now, or secure exams with a $40 deposit per exam and pay in installments with full payment due by March 3, 2020. (See below for refund policies.)
Before Oct. 21, 2019: Join AP courses and confirm exam registration in the student’s College Board account.
- Log in at https://myap.collegeboard.org with the student’s College Board login credentials to “join” each AP course. Use the unique join code provided by each AP teacher for each AP course. (Most students will have completed this in their AP class.)
- After joining each AP course, students click on the yellow “ Register for Exam” button to either “Confirm Registration” (Yes, I will be taking the exam) or “Remove Myself from Taking the Exam” (No, I am not taking the exam).
- To register for an AP exam for which you are not enrolled in the corresponding AP course, please come to the Teaching and Learning office in Room 7096 to obtain your join code.
Monday, Sept. 9, 2019: Online Payment Begins
Click here to register and pay for exams in Total Registration. The cost for each exam is $94. A minimum deposit of $40 per exam is required.
Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019 through Tuesday, March 3, 2020: $40 Late Fee Per Exam
Beginning Oct. 22, 2019, full-year and first-semester exams ordered will incur a $40 College Board-imposed late fee per exam. No AP exams can be ordered after March 3, 2020.
Nov. 11, 2019: Last Day to Cancel an Exam and Receive a Full Refund.
Late fees and processing fees are not refunded. Those paying in installments will receive a refund equal to the amount paid to date per exam. This is true even if a student drops an AP course after Nov. 11.
March 3, 2020: Final Deadline to Order and Pay in Full for All Exams
Due to The College Board’s new policies and processes, no AP exams can be ordered after March 3, 2020. Full payment for all exams is due by March 3, 2020. The College Board does not allow for any exceptions.
March 3, 2020: Last Day to Cancel an Exam and Receive a Partial Refund.
Refunds for second-semester exams requested by March 3, 2020 will receive a $94 refund. Refunds for full-year and first-semester exams requested by March 3, 2020 will receive a refund of $54 per exam. This is true even if a student drops an AP course after March 3, 2020.
Those paying in installments will receive a refund equal to the amount paid to date per exam. Late fees and processing fees are not refunded. Refunds cannot exceed monies collected.
Your counselor is the best resource for all questions related to AP coursework and exams. If you have any questions about the AP exam registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 AP Exam Schedule
All dates and times set by the College Board
WEEK 1 - May 4-8, 2020
Monday, May 4
• U.S. Government and Politics (8 a.m.)
• Physics C: Mechanics (Noon)
• Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism (2 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 5
• Calculus AB (8 a.m.)
• Calculus BC (8 a.m.)
• Human Geography (Noon)
• German Language and Culture (Noon)
Wednesday, May 6
• English Literature and Composition (8 a.m.)
• European History (Noon)
• Physics 2 (Noon)
Thursday, May 7
• Chemistry (8 a.m.)
• Spanish Literature and Culture (8 a.m.)
• Physics 1 (Noon)
• Japanese Language and Culture (Noon)
Friday, May 8
• U.S History (8 a.m.)
• Art History (Noon)
• Computer Science A (Noon)
WEEK 2 - May 11-15, 2020
Monday, May 11
• Biology (8 a.m.)
• Chinese Language and Culture (Noon)
• Environmental Science (Noon)
Tuesday, May 12
• Spanish Language and Culture (8 a.m.)
• Latin (Noon)
• Psychology (Noon)
Wednesday, May 13
• English Language and Composition (8 a.m.)
• Microeconomics (Noon)
• Music Theory (Noon)
Thursday, May 14
• Comparative Government and Politics (8 a.m.)
• World History: Modern (8 a.m.)
• Macroeconomics (Noon)
• Italian Language and Culture (Noon)
Friday, May 15
• Computer Science Principles (8 a.m.)
• French Language and Culture (8 a.m.)
• Statistics (Noon)