Science is as much a way of knowing as it is a body of knowledge. The Science Division at Stevenson is dedicated to a laboratory approach to science education that will involve each student in the process of discovery.
About the Division
firstname.lastname@example.org | 847-415-4402
Assistant to the Director
email@example.com | 847-415-4400
East Office, Room 8080: 847-415-4403
West Office, Room 1514: 847-415-4404
Science Faculty Directory
Science Quick Links
Regular Daily Schedule
|Early Bird||7:45 - 9:21 a.m.|
|1st||8:30 - 9:21 a.m.|
|1a||8:30 - 8:54 a.m.|
|1b||9:01 - 9:21 a.m.|
|2nd||9:26 - 10:13 a.m.|
|2a||9:26 - 9:46 a.m.|
|2b||9:53 - 10:13 a.m.|
|3rd||10:18 - 11:05 a.m.|
|3a||10:18 - 10:38 a.m.|
|3b||10:45 - 11:05 a.m.|
|4th||11:10 - 11:57 a.m.|
|4a||11:10 - 11:30 a.m.|
|4b||11:37 - 11:57 a.m.|
|5th||12:02 - 12:49 p.m.|
|5a||12:02 - 12:22 p.m.|
|5b||12:29 - 12:49 p.m.|
|6th||12:54 - 1:41 p.m.|
|6a||12:54 - 1:14 p.m.|
|6b||1:21 - 1:41 p.m.|
|7th||1:46 - 2:33 p.m.|
|7a||1:46 - 2:06 p.m.|
|7b||2:13 - 2:33 p.m.|
|8th||2:38 - 3:25 p.m.|
|8a||2:38 - 2:58 p.m.|
|8b||3:05 - 3:25 p.m.|
- "Early Bird" Science Classes meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7:45-9:21 a.m., EXCEPT on the late arrival schedule. Doors will open for Early Bird Science students at 7:30 a.m.
- Science 1.5 period Classes meet every day, EXCEPT on the late arrival schedule. For more information about the daily schedule, see the bell schedule page.
College Preparatory Classes
- Biology (B) (SCI201/202)
- Earth Science (P) (SCI271/272)
- Chemistry (P) (SCI301/302)
- Physics (P) (SCI401/402)
- Horticulture (B) (SCI531)
- Biology Accelerated (B) (SCI111/112)
- Chemistry Accelerated (P) (SCI211/212)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Accelerated (B) (SCI521/522)
- AP Physics 1 Honors (P) (SCI611/612)
- AP Physics 2 Honors (P) (SCI681/682)
- AP Biology Honors (B) (SCI631/632)
- AP Environmental Science Honors (1B and 1P) (SCI641/642)
- AP Chemistry Honors (P) (SCI651/652)
- AP Physics C Honors (P) (SCI661/662)
- Earth Science Honors (P) (SCI671/672)
For course descriptions from all academic divisions, visit the Course Selection page.
STEM Professionals As Resource Knowledge (SPARK)
The purpose of SPARK is to provide an immersive summer internship experience for exceptional students interested in pursuing careers related to STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) research.
Each student is assigned to job-shadow a local practicing professional, participate in the educational programs offered by his/her scientific/research organization, and work collaboratively with the mentor on a problem or experiment developed by the mentor and the student. Selected students will participate in these internships during the summers prior to their junior or senior years.
In the fall, following their internship experiences, students share what they have learned via poster presentations at an evening research symposium at Stevenson High School (parents, students, and mentors are invited to attend). Some summer internship experiences may include projects that can be modified for submission to state and national scientific competitions.
For more information, contact Brett Erdmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.