The activities in the art classes are designed to develop skills of perception, problem solving, understanding and sensitivity through a variety of experiences. The aim of the art curriculum is to give the students an understanding and appreciation for the endless and constant results of artistic efforts which surround us in our daily lives. The unique character of the art curriculum provides students with an opportunity to express and nurture their creative instincts.
The Visual Arts Department has labs with well-equipped spaces dedicated to photography, ceramics and sculpture, jewelry and metalwork, computer art and drawing.
To view the Stevenson High School Visual Arts Program Pamphlet, click here.
Art Department Office Hours
Ms. Connolly (LeVanti): Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Room 6034
Mr. Fairchild: Thursdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Room 6016
Ms. Hyken: Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Room 1422
Mr. Myers: Tuesdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Room 1426
Ms. Sabbagh: Thursdays, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Room 1422
Ms. Yung: Tuesdays (after school), 3:30-4:00 p.m., Room 6016
- Ms. Connolly will have open labs after school for photo students from 3:30-5:00 p.m. Please see Ms. Connolly for details (times/dates to be determined).
- Poster Design Club (Ms. Yung) meets every Thursday in 6016. To join, sign up on Google Classroom (code: h5xf2eb) from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Art Club (Mr.Fairchild) meets every Tuesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Email Mr. Fairchild for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mrs. Sabbagh has open labs after school for 3D & 2D students on Tuesdays, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Please see Mrs. Sabbagh for details (dates to be determined).
- Mr. Myers has open labs after school second semester for 3D & 2D students on Thursdays, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
For all open art labs after school, please let your instructor know ahead of time if you plan on attending.
Co-Curricular Visual Arts Clubs
- Art Club
- Photo Studio
- Poster Design Club
- 2D & 3D Studio
- National Art Honor Society