ILC Services and Policies
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:o0am - 6:30pm
Closes 2:30pm the day before Thanksgiving
Closes 3:30pm the day before Winter and Spring Breaks
Summer Hours: 7:15 am - 1:00 pm, Monday-Thursday during summer school
Phone: 847-415-4395 Fax: 847-634-6188
Visiting the ILC - Students
Students may visit the ILC before and after school, during any free period, or during a study hall on a pass. Please observe some simple guidelines during your visit:
Respect your peers’ learning
a. Keep your voice at a respectful noise level
b. Respect everyone’s right to accomplish study and work goals
c. Turn off cell phone ringers
Snack and drink carefully
a. Food and covered drinks are allowed
b. Place all trash in receptacles
Respect your ILC facility
a. Return text books, laptops, and iPads to designated areas
b. One student per seat
c. Keep feet off furniture
d. Report broken or missing items
e. Return furniture to its proper place
f. Keep the facility clean
Reserve breakout rooms
a. Doors remain open
b. Rooms are available on a reserved basis only
c. Media rooms are given priority to students with collaborative projects
Library Card/Student ID: Your Student ID serves as your library card for checking out all materials and technologies.
Copies: The library has 1 black and white photocopier (10 cents per page.) Printing from the computers is free, however, large print jobs are not allowed. Students will be charged for excessive printing.
Passes: Students may visit the ILC during a study hall with a pass. Passes must be obtained by one of your academic teachers, not your study hall teacher. Stamp your pass in the time clock as you enter and leave the ILC. Once you are in the ILC on a pass, you must remain in the ILC. If you need to leave the facility for any reason, please speak to an adult.
Visiting the ILC - Teachers and Classes
Classes visiting the ILC need to be arranged in advance. Request ILC time from our online scheduler. It is best to sign up for ILC time as soon as possible, especially if reserve materials are necessary for a project. Send a copy of the assignment to either Lisa Dettling or Toni Gorman before your scheduled class meets in the ILC. Classes with subs can not be accommodated. The regular classroom teacher must be present for any class visit.
Loan of Materials
- Books: 2 weeks, with up to 2 renewals. Limited to 3 books per topic.
- Reference Books: overnight
- Reserve Books: overnight, unless otherwise indicated. Limited to 2.
- Magazines (back issues): 3 days.
- Magazines (current issues): no checkout
- Interlibrary Loan materials: varies according to lending institution
- iPads and Laptops: in ILC use only before, during and after school
- eReaders: 2 weeks with up to 1 renewal
- iPods (for audiobook use only): 2 weeks, with up to 2 renewals
Overdues, Lost Materials, and Fines
Students having overdue or lost materials, or unpaid fines will not be permitted to check out any additional materials until they have taken care of this obligation.
- Fines: on overdue books and magazines is $.10 per day. For reference and reserve books, the fine is $.50 per day. iPods and e-Readers have fines of $1.00 per day. These fines are cut in half if paid when the materials are returned.
- Overdue Notices: are emailed directly to student FirstClass email accounts on a weekly basis. After several notices, a letter and bill is sent home to parents or guardians.
- Lost materials: Students will be charged the replacement cost of the lost item.