Please consider making a donation
to the Community Parent Network
(A volunteer committee of the
Stevenson Foundation). 100% of
donation is tax deductible and goes
toward the cost of quality speakers
and programs that we sponsor.
Click on donate button or here
donate. You may direct your gift
to the Community Parent Network.
Community Parent Network
The Community Parent Network (CPN) is a volunteer committee of the Stevenson Foundation and a collaboration of district parent groups dedicated to providing learning opportunities for parents of children K - 12 in districts 125, 96, 102, 103, 73, 76, and 79.
To Inspire parents to help their children reach their fullest potential.
To provide programs that allow parents to connect, share, and learn.
- CONNECT parents, children, schools and the community
- SHARE resources, experiences, and ideas
- LEARN strategies and tools for effective parenting
CPN will accomplish this by:
- facilitating issue-oriented small group discussions
- supporting individual district parent network programs
- fostering students' academic, social and emotional learning
- providing an ongoing source of information and resources
- compiling individual district parent programs into one schedule for easy reference by parents in all the districts
- hosting local and national expert speakers that districts would not be able to afford individually
Programs at a glance:
April 25, 7pm-9pm.
Bringing Out Their Best: How to Teach Your Child Outstanding Skills for Life
May 8, 7pm-9pm
Dr. Joseph Lee
The Adolescent Mystery: Parenting Your Teenager
CPN Executive Committee
Lincolnshire Prairie View D103
Daphne Dickens King: Learning Fund Foundation President
Liz Treiber: PTO Parent Education
Beth Hanna: PTO Parent Education
Kildeer Countryside D96
Betsy Fresen: Public Information Coordinator and Parent to Parent Network
Shannon Coghlan: Parent to Parent Network
Sylvia Lima: Parent to Parent Network
Jodi Kearney: PTO Financial Secretary and Parent Network
Jill Katz: PPA Co-President