About the Foundation
The mission of the SHS Foundation is to connect community and school. The Foundation supports the needs of SHS students, teachers and staff, and engages in a variety of community outreach programs. The Foundation improves our school and community through programs including:
- Kids in Need (KIN) fund — provides assistance for school-related expenses to SHS students in financial need. KIN also supplements the free/reduced lunch program with a free breakfast program.
- Scholarships — the Foundation funds and facilitates numerous student scholarship programs for leadership, public service, the arts, and much more.
- Opportunity Grants — for innovative student, faculty and staff programs.
- Odyssey — the Foundation co-sponsors this two-day arts immersion festival featuring more than 300 artists across all artistic disciplines.
- Support of SHS activities such as Spirit Fest, Project Dance, Career Fair, coaches' clinics, and others.
- Children's Theater and Spotlight Concert Series — provide opportunities for local children and adults to experience Stevenson's cultural environment.
Your tax-deductible donation helps these and other Foundation programs continue. The SHS Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization; an acknowledgement letter for tax purposes will be sent for all donations received.
To learn more about our programs and how you can help through volunteer or funding opportunities, please contact Executive Director Greg Diethrich via email
or at 847-415-4465.
Board of Directors
Kay Hoogland, Co-President
Ellyn Ross, Co-President
Mary Lou Bartlett, 1st Vice President
Dan Safran, 2nd Vice President
Mark Michelini, Treasurer
Mary Batsford, Secretary
Robin Giangiorgi Naughton
Merv Roberts, District 125 Board Liaison
Greg Diethrich, Ph.D.
Two Stevenson Drive
Lincolnshire, IL 60069