Avoid AP Exam Late Fees
The last day to register for Advanced Placement exams without paying a late fee is Friday, March 8. After March 8, you’ll have to pay an extra $25 per test. Details >>
Don’t Get Burned This Summer
Even though summer school is more than three months away, March 15 is when Stevenson determines whether classes need to be cancelled due to low enrollment. To see the course catalog and to register, click here.
Self-Defense Class for Female Students
The Physical Welfare Division is offering a self-defense class for any interested female students Thursday and Friday, March 7-8. Details >>
Graduation-Related Deadlines Upcoming
Two graduation-related deadlines are coming up for seniors. Those who have 300 or more hours of community service can apply to be part of the 300 Club honored at graduation. The deadline is 3:30 p.m. Friday, March 8. Seniors interested in being one of the speakers at the graduation ceremony must turn in their application by April 2.
College Fair at CLC March 12
The College of Lake County will hold a college fair at its Grayslake campus from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12. Representatives from 150 colleges and universities will be on hand to provide information and answer questions. Details >>
Student Photography Show
Stevenson is one of 14 schools taking part in the fourth annual Student Photography Art Show sponsored by Visual Image Photography on Saturday, March 9. Details >>
Stevenson finished second at the Illinois Congressional Debate Association state finals, and three students were named to the 10-member all-state team. ... James Lichtenstein placed third in diving at the Illinois High School Association state finals, and three of his teammates also earned medals. ... The math team won its Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics regional and posted the highest score in the state. ... The Green Team, a student-run environmental club, created a video that is one of 25 finalists in the second annual "If I Had a Trillion Dollars" Youth Film Festival. ... Austin Hua and Licheng Zhu are among 400 semifinalists in the 2013 U.S. Physics Olympiad. They are competing for a spot on the five-person U.S. Physics Team. ... Basketball players Kari Moffat and Alex Elzinga will continue their hardwood careers in college, suiting up for rival schools. ... A group of students and teachers raised more than $2,700 for Special Olympics by taking part in a "Polar Plunge" in Fox Lake. ... SHS table tennis teams finished second and fourth at their state tournament.
- Tea With The First Ladies: Actress-singer Jenny Riddle will dramatize the personal lives of famous First Ladies during "Tea With the First Ladies" at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 10 in the Studio Theater (by the Sports Center entrance). Tickets are $8, and you can enjoy tea and conversation after the show. Order tickets in advance by calling 847-415-4121.
- Children’s Theater: The Foundation’s final children’s theater production of the school year will be Robin Hood. The play will be performed Sunday, March 17 in the Little Theater of the Performing Arts Center at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Tickets are $5, and can be bought in advance by calling 847-415-4121.
- Life Skills Lab Raffle Winner: The Stevenson Foundation wishes to thank everyone who participated in the Special Education Life Skills Lab initiative raffle, which raised nearly $10,000 for the lab. Congratulations to the raffle winners, SHS parents John and Nancy Daigler, who will enjoy their choice of three fabulous trips! Raffle proceeds will go toward the Foundation's goal of raising $30,000 for the Life Skills Lab to mark its 20th anniversary this year. The lab is designed to teach vital independent living skills, vocational training, and self-advocacy to special education students. For more information about the lab and how you can help through tax-deductible donation, click here.
- Ticket Sales for Showcase 2013: Ticket sales for The Patty Awards run every school day through Friday, March 8 during all lunch periods at the Patriot Superstore. All tickets are reserved and cost $9 each. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door. Tickets may be purchased at the Superstore with cash, check or student ID. Showcase 2013 will be presented Friday and Saturday, March 8-9 at 7 p.m. Each show is different and unique, so join us both nights for outstanding entertainment!
- PPA Board and Chair Positions for 2013-14: Interested in being on the PPA Board or chairing a committee? Please sign up on our website at www.d125.org/ppa/nominations.aspx by April 1.
- PPA Meeting March 13: The next general meeting of the Stevenson PPA is at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 13 in the principal’s conference room.
For the full SHS calendar, click here.
2012-13 academic calendar | Download into Google, iCal, Outlook
|Friday, March 1
||End of Six-Week Grading Period
|Monday, March 4
||No School - Pulaski Day
|Wed., March 6
||NHS Applications Due
|Friday, March 8
||300 Club Applications Due
|Fri.-Sat., March 8-9
||PPA Presents: Showcase 2013
|Sunday, March 10
||Spotlight: Tea With the First Ladies
|Monday, March 11
||Winter Sports Awards Night
|Tuesday, March 12
||Band and Color Guard Parents Mtg.
|Wed., March 13
||Sports Boosters Meeting
|Wed., March 13
||Sophomore Parent Night
|Wed., March 13
||PPA General Meeting
|Thursday, March 14
||Late Arrival (Teacher Planning)
|Friday, March 15
|Fri.-Sat., March 15-16
||Winter Play: Argonautica
|Sunday, March 17
|Sunday, March 17
||Children's Theater: Robin Hood
|Monday, March 18
||School Board Meeting
|Wednesday, March 20
|Mon.-Fri., March 25-29