Private Music Lessons
Private Music Lessons at Stevenson High School – sponsored by PREP
8/22/2012 PREP Music Lesson Updates for 2012-13:
NOTE: This page, and all related information, rates and linked documents, pertain only to current Stevenson HS students who are enrolled in a Stevenson Music Course.
For all others, please see the PREP page.
The music faculty wants to stress the value and importance of private lessons. We believe that all students interested in getting the greatest possible enjoyment from their involvement in Stevenson’s music ensembles should supplement their classroom experience with private music lessons. While students' classroom experience at the high school level will focus on ensemble performance skills, as well as music theory and overall musicianship, involvement in a private lesson program provides additional assistance in further developing individual technique and solo performance skills
Our private teachers have been carefully chosen based on their successful teaching experience as well as their musical abilities and performance credentials.
We believe our music families will agree that this access to our private teachers’ expertise provides a high-quality supplement to music study at a great value.
Thank you again.
Stevenson Music Faculty
Instructions for Students & Parents:
- Please download & read Regulations for Private Lessons
- Please print and complete a Private Music Lesson Application Form & turn it in to your music faculty or private teacher any time, beginning August 15. (All forms should be in by August 26.)
- Before you can access the new online system, you will need a Music ID (Log-In Code)
- This MUSIC ID code must be obtained from your Private Music Teacher*
- Summer students will need a NEW CODE for the new semester [and a fresh one for 2nd semester]. (Summer session code will not work.)
- After a private teacher assigns a student a Music ID access code, that assignment has to be processed in the PREP Office (please allow a few days for that to process).
- Your private teacher will contact you to tell you your assigned day and time for lessons.
· Once your Music ID is activated…
- Access the new system at http://musiclessons.d125.org then…
- Enter your 6-character Music ID
- You will see your assigned teacher and day of week for your lessons;
- Select the date range of lessons you wish to pre-pay (must be half-semester or full-semester);
- Complete the payment information.
- Payment must be completed before starting private lessons.
- NOTE: Registering for private lessons implies your commitment to take lessons for the full school year !
If you have questions about the program, please contact your student’s Band, Choir or Orchestra teachers.
Private Teacher Downloads:
Private Teacher Master Schedule
Use this form to organize your schedule; then send information to PREP Office