Expectations and Responsibilities of Coaches
B. Expectations and Responsibilities of Coaches
1. The coaches will maintain a role of coach as professional and will keep the role of coach in proper perspective by:
• Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players throughout tryouts and the season.
• Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, and other coaches.
• Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practice specific to their coaching arena.
• Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
• Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
• Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
• Developing the knowledge and understanding of Stevenson policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
• Promoting and enforcing the student athlete code of conduct.
2. The coaches will be positive role models in personal management, appearance, ethics, and behavior by:
• Connecting athletic experiences with life experiences.
• Providing an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration among coaches and players.
• Becoming an integral part of, and developing rapport with, the Stevenson community including administration, coaches, parents, and students.
• Modeling good sportsmanship at all times.
• Creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for student athletes.
• Understanding their leadership style and its impact on student athletes.
• Considering important commitments of student athletes outside their sports.