Incoming Freshmen 2013-14
Can incoming freshmen take a Dance Class at Stevenson?
· All incoming freshmen can take a dance course. This course may be used in lieu of Physical Education and satisfies the P.E. credit. (Colleges recognize this as a Fine Arts credit as well.)
What style of Dance is taught at Stevenson High School?
· Stevenson Dance is a contemporary –based program.
Which Dance Classes are open to Freshmen?
· Classes open to Freshmen include Beginning Dance, Intermediate Dance, Advanced Dance, and Men’s Rhythm Core.
How do I know in which level I should enroll?
· All incoming Freshmen interested in an upper level dance course (Intermediate, Advanced) must attend a placement assessment on February 20 and 21, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Based off the assessment, students will be given the appropriate level placement. (More Information listed below)
· All other students may register for Beginning Dance with no audition necessary.
· Men’s Rhythm Core is opened to Boys grades 9-12 with no audition necessary.
What is Men’s Rhythm Core?
· Men’s Rhythm Core is a one-semester course designed for male students who want to enhance their flexibility, musicality, endurance, and creativity. No dance experience is necessary. Male students who have dance experience and want to place in an upper level course should attend the placement assessment listed above. Men’s Rhythm Core is repeatable and may be taken for a maximum of two semesters.
What if I have additional questions?
· If you have additional questions please contact the Dance Office at 847-415-4761
Sign -up for the Assessment will be available online the week of January 21, 2013.