On Late Arrival Days the Testing Center opens at 10 a.m.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO TAKE A TEST IN THE TESTING CENTER
The Testing Center provides support services for both teachers and students. We offer students the opportunity for a quiet environment in which to take tests and quizzes that they missed in class. This can be done during their study halls, lunches, and before or after school. Students do not need to leave class to take the test, thus missing more class time. Our Testing Center allows teachers to use valuable class time for instruction, rather than administering make-up tests.
TESTING CENTER PROCEDURES
STUDENTS MUST REGISTER ONLINE IN ORDER TO TAKE A TEST.
Students may register online for a test from any computer at school or home. They do this by going to the SHS Home Page, then Academics, then Testing Center. Then they click on the Testing Center Sign Up link. Online test registration is always accessible, 24 hours a day/seven days a week. Students must sign up by 10 a.m. for a same day test. However, students may sign up any time during the day to take a test the next day. After school, students may take tests on a first come/first served basis, without signing up beforehand.
- DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER AS A BROWSER OR SMART PHONES. The reservation will not go through.
- Make sure all information is entered correctly. THE DATE AND TIME IS IMPORTANT!
- Students should print out the confirmation page and use that as their pass out of study hall. It is also their proof that they signed up.
- Students assigned to a study hall must report to the study hall and have their confirmation sheet signed by the study hall teacher BEFORE going to the Testing Center.
- Students MUST present their school ID in order to receive their test or quiz.
- Upon entering the Testing Center, students must place their books and bags in the space provided. No outerwear is permitted.
- Students should be prepared for tests. No studying will be allowed in the Testing Center.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE NEVER ALLOWED IN THE TESTING CENTER. CELL PHONES SHOULD BE TURNED OFF!
- Students are responsible for bringing the necessary resources, such as a pencil, calculator, and paper.
- Upon finishing the test, the confirmation sheet will be signed and students return to their study hall, if time permits.
- NO PARTIAL TESTS WILL BE GIVEN. STUDENTS CANNOT TAKE A PORTION OF A TEST AND THEN RETURN LATER TO FINISH THE EXAM. ONCE A STUDENT BEGINS THE TEST, IT MUST BE FINISHED.
- Students are not allowed to leave an academic class to come to the Testing Center and take a test. Parents are not allowed to call a student out of a class to take a test. Students may use the Testing Center only during study hall, lunch, free periods, or before or after school.