The resource program is designed to meet the needs of students with mild disabilities who may need tutorial and organizational assistance, as well as case management on a daily basis. This program may include social work, speech/language, and/or other related services for qualifying students. The students in this program are primarily mainstreamed in Stevenson courses and electives.
Students in the special education resource programs:
- Meet with case manager for one period daily
- Come prepared with all necessary materials (including, but not limited to: assignment notebook, pen/pencil, calculator, and paper), in addition to homework (which may need to be checked, revised, or completed), and review materials (like notes and outlines for upcoming assessments)
- Receive assistance, work on assignments and projects, and review materials/study for upcoming assessments
- Utilize the library and/or other regular education resource centers, as appropriate
- Work with case managers to coordinate classroom and testing accommodations as delineated in the student's I.E.P.