The College/Career Center is located in Room 1123 (West Building) just south of the Wood Commons. The CCC is best accessed from the outside by way of the Forum entrance off parking lot B.
Upcoming College/Career Center Activities
|College Visits || |
|September 15, 11 a.m. || University of Illinois |
|September 16, 8:35 a.m. || University of Iowa |
|September 16, 9:25 a.m. || Indiana University |
|September 21, 10 a.m. || University of Missouri |
|Write Stuff Seminars || |
|August 27, 9:30 a.m. || Late arrival |
|September 1, 7:30 a.m. || Second day of the week |
|September 3, 9:30 a.m. || Late arrival |
|September 11, 9:30 a.m. || Late arrival |
|Common App Seminar || |
|September 9, 7:30 a.m. || Second day of the week |
Announcements 2015-16 Common Application Essay Prompts:
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.