The College/Career Center is located in Room 1123 (West Building) just south of the Wood Commons. The CCC is best accessed from the outside by way of the Forum entrance off parking lot B.
Upcoming College/Career Center Activities
|College Visits || |
|September 22, 10:10 a.m. || University of Missouri |College Rep Visit Sign-Up
Students will sign up for a college visit by using our Naviance software program. Just follow the four steps below:
1. From your Naviance home page:
(a) Click on “Colleges”
(b) Click on “View All Upcoming College Visits” tab on the right side of the page
(c) Click on “Sign Up” next to the college visit in which you are interested in attending; this is your confirmation page.
2. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! PRINT this confirmation page. Put your SHS ID number on this page.
3. Have your teacher for the period of the college visit sign this confirmation page at least two days in advance of the visit. Remember, it is always up to the teacher to decide whether you can miss a class to attend a college visit.
4. Bring this signed confirmation page to the CCC for the visit. You will be asked to return to class if you do not have this confirmation page.
If the college visit occurs during your lunch or free hour, your confirmation page does not need to be signed by a teacher; just bring the page with you to the CCC.
Announcements 2015-16 Common Application Essay Prompts:
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.