The College/Career Center is located in Room 1123 (West Building) just south of the Wood Commons. The CCC is best accessed from the outside by way of the Forum entrance off parking lot B.
Announcements Sending Seventh-Semester Transcripts to Colleges
Attention seniors: Some of you may need to send seventh-semester transcripts (also called mid-year reports) to colleges. These transcripts will be ready for disbursement on February 1. If you applied to a college using the Common Application, your mid-year report will be sent automatically by Stevenson High School; there is nothing you have to do. If you applied to a college using Parchment, then you need to order an updated transcript. Log on to www.parchment.com and click on “Send Now” and your seventh-semester grades will be included. If you have any questions, please stop by the College Career Center. 2015-16 Common Application Essay Prompts
2016-17 Common Application Essay Prompts
The Common Application has announced that the 2016-17 personal statement essay prompts will be the same as the 2015-2016 prompts.
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.