Collective Commitments Board and Admin Team
Board/Administrative Team Collective Commitments
The Board and Administrative Leadership Team of Stevenson High School is committed to the education and well being of each student. As part of a professional learning community, we have identified the following values in order to guide the policies, pr ocedures, programs, priorities, and day-to-day decisions of the District. The Team will honor, advance, and protect these values. We will also acknowledge and address behaviors that are inconsistent with the District’s vision and goals.
• We will model and advance the behaviors established in the Stevenson Vision Statement to all members of the Stevenson community. These behaviors include:
• active promotion of the District’s vision, values, and goals;
• high standards and expectations for student success and engagement in reflection and collective inquiry regarding best practices;
• a commitment to the contribution toward high-performing collaborative teams;
• a commitment to life-long learning through ongoing professional development and growth;
• a commitment to collective inquiry and reflection on the results of student achievement in order to improve student learning; and
• a commitment to a high level of mutual support and trust between all members of the learning community.
• We will recruit and retain individuals who are best suited to advance the vision and goals of the District, and we will create conditions which support their ongoing professional growth.
• We will facilitate the development of curricular and co-curricular programs which result in high levels of student engagement, address student needs and interests, integrate technology when appropriate for achieving program goals, and enable studen ts to understand and appreciate diversity.
• We will model, monitor, and enforce student and adult behaviors that contribute to a safe and orderly environment while respecting the rights of others within a diverse community.
• We will develop and implement policies, programs, and procedures to monitor and support collective achievement and individual student success.
• We will develop and implement policies, programs, and procedures which result in increased responsibility for student learning, decisions, and actions.
• We will recognize and celebrate the individual and collective efforts and achievements of the Stevenson community.
• We will fulfill our responsibilities for good stewardship by managing the District’s resources in a manner that addresses the needs of the community, establishes community partnerships, and builds community support.
• We will fulfill our responsibility as leaders of a lighthouse school, providing effective interaction and collaboration with the educational community at large.
These commitments are designed to help the Board/Administrative Leadership Team serve the advancement of the five components of the Vision and Values Document: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, Emphasis on the Individual Student: Equity and Acces s for All, Working Within a Professional Learning Community, A Culture for Learning, and Community Engagement.